Legitimation and Paternity Lawyer in Marietta, GA
Legitimation and paternity actions are legal proceedings by which unmarried parents of minor children may obtain court orders to establish child support, custody, and visitation rights to children. These matters are often consensual and non-adversarial between parents and serve to provide financial and emotional stability to non-traditional families. However, legitimation may also be used as a tool for an unwed biological father to challenge a mother’s adoption plan, and in such cases may be hotly and aggressively contested.
Here to Serve
The law firm of Josie Redwine, P.C. has broad experience in legitimation and paternity actions. We stand ready to:
- Provide pre-birth advice regarding the rights and obligations of single parents
- Advise adoptive families of the likelihood of a legitimation-related contested adoption and take steps to minimize conflict
- Represent birth parents in legitimation or paternity actions
- Represent adoptive parents in contested paternity actions
Please call us now to request an appointment.
If you are looking for a custody/adoption lawyer, Josie Redwine is the BEST family law attorney hands down! She is amazing in court and her experience is invaluable. I am forever grateful for her immediate call to action (an hour notice with no time for preparation), her compassion for justice, and the level of professionalism she exhibits handling very difficult situations. She is a highly respected figure among the judges and her fellow colleagues in the communities she serves. I cannot say enough good things about her. If I could giver her over 5 stars I would!
Request an Appointment
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
|Mon - Fri:||9:00am - 5:00pm|
- Fellow In American Academy Of Adoption Attorneys
- Founding Fellow In Georgia Council Of Adoption Lawyers